Equipped with $6.6 million of cutting-edge, industry-leading prototype and advanced manufacturing equipment in 15,000 square feet of industrially accessible space.
From laser cutters to 3D laser scanners and CNC mills to commercial 3D printers, you'll find the equipment needed to solve nearly any manufacturing challenge. The applied research team mobilizes state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to help clients solve problems, engineer designs, create 3D models, and fabricate prototypes to bring their ideas to life.
The CIM-TAC team can work with you to:
- Design and develop new products and processes;
- Solve existing manufacturing problems;
- Develop business management, sales, and marketing processes;
- Connect with productive and profitable partners across Canada; and
- Identify funding partners and opportunities.
While its Technology Access Centre designation was awarded in 2020, the CIM opened in 2009 as one of the key facilities of RDP’s Four Centres. Since then, they have collaborated with hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurs to create solutions to numerous real-world manufacturing challenges.
If you'd like to learn more about CIM-TAC's applied research services, tour the facility, watch equipment demonstrations, and speak one-on-one with their expert technicians.
Sign up for a tour of the CIM-TAC when registering for the SmartMTX. The tours will take place from 11:00am to 2:00pm on Wednesday, April 5th (Day 2 of the SmartMTX). A free shuttle bus will be provided to transport tour participants between Westerner Park and Red Deer Polytechnic.
Other Tour Options:
- Tour the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology's Productivity Innovation Centre (PIC) in Edmonton on April 6th.
- Tour the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology's Centre for Innovation and Research in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing (CIRMAMM) in Calgary on April 6th.
Sign up for the above tours when completing your SmartMTX Attendee Registration.